Saturday, August 9, 2014

A La Crepe (Halal)

Hey Everyone!

Visit #1:

Finally, for my last post of the day! After grilled cheese sandwiches yesterday, we just had to try out the new dessert shop called A La Crepe in Markham, Ontario. Their menu consists of savory & sweet crepes, cakes, gelato, and over 50 flavours of tea. While there, I got the combo deal for the first weekend which included a crepe, pot of tea, and gelato. I chose the chocolate-banana crepe, roobios tea, and pistacio gelato. One friend got the s'mores crepe, chai tea, and chocolate gelato, and the other friend got the fettuccini crepe with cookies & cream gelato, pina colada tea, and mango gelato. I have to admit, we all loved our crepes! The teas were nice, but the best was definitely the roobios because the pina colada was too sour (didn't go so well with the sweet desserts) and the chai tea was too bitter. The gelato was good but pale in comparison to the gelato from downtown Toronto earlier in the week. I would definitely suggest this new modern cafe in Markham.



Fettuccini crepe with cookies & cream gelato

S'mores crepe
Chocolate-banana crepe

Mango (top L), Chocolate (top R), Pistacio (bottom) gelato

Visit #2:

So, my brother came home yesterday, so I ended up going to A La Crepe again. I actually really wanted to try a savory crepe but they ran out of chicken (so maybe call them just in case if you plan to go late; I went around 8PM). Anyways, this time I ordered the Gelato Bomb, my brother ordered the S'mores crepe, and my mom ordered a savory one (cannot recall the name at the moment). I actually really liked my crepe this time, it was stuffed fully with vanilla ice cream and strawberries. I wasn't a big fan of the savory crepe my mom got. Also, I still haven't tried the S'mores one even though people around me had it twice already. Anyways, I would definitely recommend both crepes that I have had thusfar. If you want something heavy and chocolatey, then the chocolate-banana I first got would be idea. But, if you want something creamy and fresh, I would suggest the Gelato Bomb.

For teas, this time I tried the White tea (peony flavour), mom tried the mint green tea, and my brother tried the roobios chai. I actually really liked mine because it had a subtle floral taste, whereas the others tasted as they sound.

Finally, for gelato I got the tiramisu flavour this time, mom got the black cherry, and my brother got the cookies & cream one. If you like marachino cherries, you will definitely like the black cherry gelato. Also, if you like tiramisu cake, you will really enjoy this ice cream. However, I was not a huge fan of the little cake pieces in the ice cream, but that's my personal preference. Either ways, two great experiences thusfar. Looking forward to my third visit this summer soon! Hope to hear about your experiences too. Happy eats!

Gelato Bomb crepe


RATING
Food: 8/10
Ambiance: 8/10
Customer service: 8/10 
Price: $$

I'm off,

- B






No comments:

Post a Comment